Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Praise the LORD

Psalm 145
    I will extol You, my God, O King, and I will bless Your Name forever and ever. 2 Every day I will bless You, and I will proase Your Name forever and ever.  3 Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised and His greatness is unsearchable.       

           Praising the LORD is an important, yes critical part of our relationship with Jesus.  I basically involves thanking Him for the many blessings in our life.  The ways we can recognize our Father's goodness are as limiless as the ways He reveals Himself to mankind.  God says He inhabits the praise of His people,  He is with us when we praise Him.
    God gives us many reasons to be thankful, no matter what our circumstances.  He has promised to cause all things to work together for good for those of us who love Him.  He is willing, He is able, He will do it.
    Every night when I lay down to sleep I thank God for five things of the day.  Taking nothing for granted, it is critical to maintain a humble and thankful spirit.
Someone has asked "what if God took away that for which we have not thanked Him?"  He is good, love Him, thank Him, pray for His soon return.

Psalm 103
   Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy Name.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment