Thursday, January 13, 2011

Faith the Wonderful Gift

Romans 10:17  

       Faith comes by hearing the Word of Christ.  When you read or listen to God's Word, your faith grows, it is a work of the Holy Spirit.
       Hebrews 11:1   What is faith?
    "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things unseen"
In other words, faith is perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses.
For example; I believe that Jesus was virgin born, lived a perfect life, was crucified, died, was buried and raised to life.  As far as I am concerned this is truth, it really happened, even though I have not seen Him.

    What are we trusting?  We are trusting in God's character, His Word and His work.

   What is the faith like that God produces? 
1.  It is a sure hope-I am confident He is able to do all He has promised,   know I will be in heaven with Him when I die, not because of anything I have done, but because I am trusting in the work Jesus has done.
2.  There is a certainty that God is Sovereign over all the world and over my life, He loves me and has a plan.  When trials come, He has promised to cause all things to work together for good for my life.

     What do I need to do in response to the faith He has given me?
1.   I choose to believe Him, trust Him and surrender my life to Him, by His grace, as Philippians 2:13 promises, "God is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure".  That is He is energizing and creating the desire in me to trust Him.  As soon as I make the choice to believe Him, He goes to work in me.

      There is an "obedience of faith", responding to God is my responsibility
Romans 1:5.  This is not an employer/employee relationship, it is  a Father/child relationship for me to enjoy and to rest in, victory is mine.

      When you respond to God in a little faith, your faith is increased.  There is no limit to what God can do in us if we trust Him.
       Faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment